22 Dec Chocolate Pecan Torte
She may be in the middle of preparing holiday preorders – but her creative brain never stops! JoMarie is here to inspire with something new for your holiday table. A creative take on the classic Pecan Pie, this delicious torte is sure to be your family’s new favorite dessert!
Chocolate Pecan Torte
Yields 6 tortes (4 inches each)
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- 4-inch spring-form pans (available at Pryde’s in Old Westport)
- Food Processor
- 3 and 1/2 Cups Pecans (One Pound)
- ½ Cup Light Corn Syrup
- ½ Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 6 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 7 Tablespoons Irish Whiskey or Bourbon
- 1 and ¾ Cups Milk Chocolate Chips
- 3 Cups of Graham Cracker Crumbs (Approximately 3 Packs)
- 8 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt or Maldon Smoked Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Whisk together corn syrup, maple syrup, brown sugar, eggs, cinnamon, butter and rishi whiskey until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Set mixture aside
- Melt butter and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine all crust ingredients.
- Add melted butter.
- Line individual, 4-inch spring-form pans 1.5 inches high along the sides, and a quarter of an inch thick on the bottom.
- Place filling in graham cracker crust-filled spring-form pans and bake for 20 – 30 minutes at 375 degrees or until golden brown (tent foil if needed to keep pecans from burning).
- Cool tartes and remove spring-form pans.
- Serve with freshed whipped-cream, chocolate ganache and caramel sauce.